How to Thin Nail Polish
How to Thin Nail Polish? Like many cosmetics, when the enamel is exposed to air, it loses its effectiveness over time.
Old enamel is thick, lumpy, and challenging to apply. Luckily, there are a few beauty tricks you can try to extend the life of your nail polish.
Quick and temporary solutions
- Turn the bottle upside down so the pigments mix again. Flip it up and down for about 2 to 3 minutes. Sometimes, it is the only thing that needs to be done to make the enamel good again.
- Roll the bottle between the palms of your hand for a few minutes.
- The heat from your hands will dilute the consistency and help make it easier to apply to your nails. Never shake the bottle. Otherwise, tiny air bubbles will form.
- Try putting the bottle in hot water for 2 minutes. Make sure the bottle is tightly closed, and hold the bottle by the cap, so you don’t burn your fingers. The hot water will warm the polish and make it easier to apply it to your nails.
- Paint a nail to test the consistency. Let the first coat dry before applying a second. If the polish is too thick or clumpy, read on below to find out what to do.
Also Read:- Businessslash
Long term solutions
- Open the bottle of nail polish and add 2-3 drops of nail polish thinner. Use an eyedropper to measure the depths. Enamel thinners are sold in most drugstores and beauty supply stores.
- If you are thinning gel polish, you have to use gel thinner. Gel polish has a special UV reactive additive, so adding a common thinner will prevent it from working usually.
- Use acetone or nail polish remover as a last resort. Acetone can ruin enamel and cause it to crack once dry.
- If you are using acetone or nail polish remover, you will most likely have to throw away your nail polish after a few more uses
- Close the bottle tightly and roll it between your palms to homogenize the thinner and polish.
- Do not shake the bottle, or air bubbles will form. If the thinner doesn’t standardize with the nail polish, turn the bottle upside down a few times.
- Repeat the process if necessary. If the polish is still thick, open the bottle and add another 2-3 drops.
- Close the bottle again and roll the bottle between your palms so that the thinner and polish mix well.
- You can let the thinner sit in a very thick polish before mixing it. If your polish is too thick and you’ve already repeated the process a few times, let the thinner sit on the polish.
- Just open the bottle, add 2-3 drops of diluent, and close the bottle. Let the bottle sit for 1 hour, then homogenize the thinner and polish by rolling the bottle.
- KNOW MORE:- divineworldbe