Dealing with an injury can be physically and mentally exhausting. From living with chronic pain to not being able to participate in your normal activities, including work can be challenging. For most injuries, time and therapy are the keys to effective healing. While some patients choose to treat injuries with pain medications or surgery, there are other choices available to aid in your recovery journey, including deep tissue laser therapy.
Deep tissue laser therapy helps to treat injuries that go beyond the surface. When you have injured your muscles, joints, or tendons, it takes more than topical creams to help you eradicate the pain and discomfort. Deep tissue laser therapy goes below the surface to help you heal at the root of your pain.
Using a focused high-energy beam of light, laser therapy helps to reduce inflammation surrounding an injury, stimulate proper circulation, and encourage healing at a cellular level. Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits of deep tissue laser therapy.
Deep tissue laser therapy works by speeding up cellular regeneration and reducing inflammation, so it is a helpful treatment for many types of injuries, including:
- Lower back pain
- Knee and hip pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Arthritis pain
- Sprains and strains
Benefits of Deep Tissue Laser Therapy
When dealing with an injury, it’s essential that you work closely with your doctor and therapist to create an effective treatment plan. For deep tissue injuries, laser therapy can be a helpful tool for healing tissue and speeding up your recovery time.
- Laser therapy works to reduce inflammation which is the leading cause of chronic pain. The ability of laser therapy to reach beyond the surface to induce cellular healing makes it an effective treatment for many injuries.
Saves You Money
- Some treatment plans include surgery as an option to deal with chronic pain. With deep tissue laser treatment, you can get the same results without the additional costs of expensive surgical procedures.
- Laser therapy is a quick treatment that can have lasting results in just minutes compared to having surgery and waiting through lengthy recovery times.
When administered by a professional technician, deep tissue laser therapy is extremely safe and effective. In some cases, you may experience side effects, including:
- Temporary redness at the treatment site with a warming sensation. These symptoms should clear up in just a few hours following treatment.
- If the wrong dosage is administered, patients may experience additional swelling and inflammation.
- Nerve-related injuries can occasionally be stimulated by this therapy, causing more discomfort and inflammation.
Deep tissue laser therapy remains a relatively new treatment for injuries, and many patients are unfamiliar with how the process works. Let’s take a closer look at some of the most frequently asked questions about laser treatment.
Does it hurt?
Some patients claim to experience a slight warming sensation on the skin during treatment, but there is no pain or discomfort.
How much does it cost?
The cost of your laser therapy will depend on the severity of your injury. More serious injuries will require more therapy sessions. On average, a single deep tissue laser therapy session will cost $90.
How long do sessions last?
Most laser therapy sessions last no longer than 10 minutes.
Does insurance cover it?
Most policies do not cover deep tissue laser therapy.
If you are dealing with the chronic pain and discomfort of an injury, talk to your doctor today about trying deep tissue laser therapy to help you speed up your recovery.